Drops of Faith Christian Missions (DFCM) is an independent mission organization founded in 1999 by Pastor Ernie Catanghal which aims to reach out to the Mangyan tribes in the island of Mindoro, Philippines.
Together with his wife, Ahlie and some friends they started the holistic work and in 2005 they launched the educational program they called Kalingang Kapatid Program (KKP). Since then the group was full-handed with challenges in pursuing the dreams of the children of the tribes.
In 2009 DFCM was blessed by the Lord Almighty with a parcel of land in Paluan, Occidental Mindoro through the group of Operation Mobilization (OM Philippines) where a mission center was built to serve as housing for the KKP Mangyan Scholars who came from remote distant lands and decided to stay in the town area for schooling.
A Mission Center is Born!
Since then DFCM’s Kalingang Kapatid Program became the spark of hope for those young Mangyans who are dreaming to have fair chance in education. For 11 years now, DFCM Mission Center became the second home for the Mangyan children in the heart of the town.
Along the educational program the mission also provides various community development programs, para-schooling in the tribal communities, medical missions, basic livelihood, feeding program and evangelism.
DFCM believes in the importance of holistic approach in the tribes.
DFCM today is still pressing on towards the vision of making a difference in the lives of the Mangyan people by helping them help their own one day. DFCM is just hopeful that in the end of all the missionary work the people will come to realize that we existed all because of love that comes from above -GOD.
The mission team is composed of few ordinary people volunteered to join together in one vision of bringing glory to God through tribal missions. DFCM operates by God’s grace alone. The organization does not have any foreign and local backing but only through the compassion and generosity of its circle of friends that shares in the vision and partnered with them.
The DFCM Team today:
- Rev. Pastor Ernie Catanghal (Mission Director)
- Rosalie Catanghal, RN-MAN (Head Coordinator)
- Jennifer Santos, RN (Secretary)
- Mary Grace Suarez (Finance)
- Bong Suarez (Logistics)
- Anthony Misarez (Staff)
- Marlyn Teodoro (Staff/Tagalog House Parent)
- Ptr. Manny Cabcaan (Tribal Coordinator/Iraya House Parent)
- Olay Cabcaan (Iraya House Parent)
- Zyrene Zambales (Tagalog House Parent)
- Rogelio “Datu” Zambales (Tribal Coordinator)
- Ptr. JR Torreliza (Tribal Minister)
- Ptra. Mary Jane Poblete (Tribal Minister)
- Ptra. Che Palasan (Tribal Minister)
- Pacita Zambales (Field Volunteer)
- Toto Poblete (Field Volunteer)
- Ptr. Richard delos Reyes (Special Projects Volunteer)
WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR PARTNERS WHO HAVE A HEART FOR MISSION AND BELIEVE IN WHAT WE ARE DOING, PARTNERS WHO ARE WILLING TO SUPPORT THE WORK IN THE TRIBES.
WILL YOU JOIN US?